Saturday, March 7, 2015

Freemo a go go

A 'local' group have been cracking on building HO Freemo modules. I've been interested in the idea for a while but put off starting anything for a number of reasons. Lately the urge to build has been upon me and I thought I'd have a go. (painting soldiers shelved for a week or two!)

Having only ever built anything for my own pleasure, I'm a little nervous that these will be up to scratch.. but anyway, I got some ply chopped up at the timber merchants and I've enjoyed sawing, drilling and gluing and pretty much now have two 4 foot modules built.

Test fitting the legs. They were going to be the other way around but I need to leave clearance behind the module end plate

Interesting operation in the confines of the garage, but the first 'standing'

Two side pieces fitted to form a storage solution. Not that I have anywhere to store them!
I don't have a track plan yet, but started working on some ideas. I intend to Keep It Simple (Stupid)!

Ideally I would like to plan something that can be played with 'stand alone' but I'm not sure if I'll achieve that within the parameters of the module specifications.

Some very rough initial thoughts..



No comments: