Friday, March 20, 2015

Freemo Modules progress


I've spent a few hours in the garage today (feet are killing me!) I could see a milestone in sight and wanted to crack on and get there. 

Track laid and wiring completed. I've just run my first test train across my two modules. It was DC, a quick hook up, and the little tank engine wasn't too happy with the Peco insulfrogs, but I have used them on Brett and I hope that the American stuff should be fine. Otherwise, not too bad.. everything works as it should.

Obviously a lot to do yet - mostly scenics, but the next step is to decide on / acquire the point controls. I am fairly certain that I'll be using Caboose Industries Ground Throws. (I've drilled holes under the tie bars in case I change my mind).

As you can see, the plan, such as it is, is simple.. but this isn't a layout, there are two separate modules here. The closest one will have an elevator on the spur, and a factory over to the right with some disused track. The further module will have a generic warehouse on one spur and a team track on the other. Obviously quite short, only two or three cars each, but it's all about getting something built!

No comments: