I can't believe it's been so long since I last posted. lots of reasons.
Anyway.. despite a serious think about the future of Ulthwaite. The handlaid track just wasn't succesful enough and the original board could have been better. So, I built a new baseboard and laid the track using Peco 009. At this point I lost a bit of motivation.(should have wired up points etc).. however recently I decided to plough on.It's only small (total layout including 'fiddle' area is only 4 feet long).
Done the backdrop on my own printer - which means you can see the joins.. but I don't mind.
Ballasting and some basic scenic work done so far. It all looks a bit grey but maybe that's not a bad thing. I'm hoping to place a large tree over the exit and another smaller one near the water tank.
Lots more to do yet including small details like people and clutter.
Main thing is - I'm enjoying this layout again.