Sunday, May 11, 2008

Ulthwaite - more work



The Lake District layout is now known as 'Ulthwaite'. (There may be a real Ulthwaite.. but it's not this one!) Been fettling the track and testing all my stock to make sure there aren't too many needless derailments. It's actually working a lot better than I thought. but I do keep wondering if I'd be better ripping it up and laying some 'proper' track. Started to mock up some buildings etc to get a feel for how things are going to look. I like the fiddle exit between two cottages , rather than under a bridge (which was my first thought). Also been thinking about operating sequences to plan any further purchases.

3 comments:

Tom said...

like the look of Ulthwaite, it's really coming along. I've always thought about a lake district based layout, look forward to seeing this one come on.

Andy in Germany said...

Looking good Mog. Why do you use Camping mat as underlay?

mog said...

Thanks for the comments guys.. camping mat? Well, Iain Rice mentions using it as track underlay. I thought it might give a useful surface.. an experiment really. One I won't repeat!