Thursday, April 10, 2014

real estate on Brett

Despite suffering the full effects of hay fever and a man-flu combined over the last few days, today I  was resolved to have a go at a couple of jobs on the layout.

Terrible pictures, I will have another go when there is better light. (And less shadow on the backdrop).

I have added some pipework to the elevator. The grain bin is a Rix kit, the rest of it is scratchbuilt from card, plastic sheeting and various 'bits'.. It had a basic grey undercoat, so today I picked out a bit of detail and gave it some rust, actually quite a lot of rust, using pictures from the internet as a guide. Need to 'plant' the buildings now, with weed growth around the base.




Still waiting some signage, is 'Smith and Hogg' Hardware Supplies. Made a point of not over-weathering this building, and also keeping the colours fairly neutral. Streetview is my friend and most lineside buildings I've seen in this area are grey or aluminum.


No comments: