Saturday, January 28, 2012

Winkford

So.. six months on.. what's new?

Dreary has been temporarily dismantled as part of a general 'tidy up'. I decided that what I was trying to portray in the space I was using wasn't working. I may come back to it, or start again, but for now it's all safely packed away.

I can't have nothing on the go can I? So.. welcome to 'Winkford'.. a OO9 layout.

So far boards built and track laid and wired up.

The railway will hopefully portray a fictitious light railway built 'locally' (Notts, Derbys, Lincs area) and set around the mid 1930s.

I've decided to stick to broadly Welshpool and Llanfair type stock for consistency. I already have a a couple of Hunslets and ordered some kits from Ninelines.
Hopefully the pictures give an idea of what is planned..(at the moment.. some things may move around a little.. I'm not sure of the placing of the station building yet)

First, the layout as it is today, on my bookshelf. It is 4ft x x1ft:


Next some visual notes which hopefully give an idea of what is planned:


This Wills kit will serve as the main station building when I've finished hacking at it:


A scratchbuilt ramp for loading sheep / cattle (along with Ninelines W&L sheep wagon):




A view of a train entering the station as it crosses Main Road. The yard office and coal siding in front:


A higher view of the train on the ungated crossing on Main Road. (Two Skaledale buildings here):


This Skaledale pub looks a lot like one or two I've known locally, including the 'Worlds End' in Lambley:


A view up Main Road as the train crosses - a photo temporarily in place of where a low relief building will be placed:

1 comment:

Zabdiel said...

That looks like it's going to be a really nice layout. It's got atmosphere already!