Thursday, June 19, 2008

Ulthwaite station building

Whilst I'm still a little undecided whether or not to soldier on with 'Ulthwaite' as it is (or start again using peco track), I figured I might as well keep moving with some of the stock and buildings. I've made a start on altering and repainting a Roco steamer, plus Bob the diesel and a couple more wagon kits, but earlier I decided to take paintbrush to the proposed station building. The photo is cruel and shows me where I need to do a bit more, but I'm quite happy. (Must add a pot to that chimney). This is a pretty unmodified Auhagen kit - an HO scale little german halt. I liked the idea of a wooden building and felt that a paint job and a few details might help to locate it. Bearing in mind that there were a number of German miners around Keswick, I don't mind a slightly continental look to it..

1 comment:

Andy in Germany said...

I wouldn't have seen the German connection if you hadn't mentioned it, so don't worry too much...